Brig Gen Phillip L. Mallory is the Commander of the 154th Wing, Hawaii Air National Guard, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii. General Mallory implements, maintenance, and oversight of all wing programs, providing leadership and mission support to units on four separate islands. He is responsible for providing agile wartime ready airmen and mission capabilities to respond to state civil emergencies and worldwide contingencies. The 154th Wing operates and maintains C-17A, KC-135R, and F-22A aircraft and in partnership with the 15th Wing, employs Total Force combat and peacetime capability to operations across the State of Hawaii and throughout the world.
General Mallory received his commission from the United States Air Force Academy in 1998 and graduated from Undergraduate Pilot Training (UPT) at Laughlin AFB, Texas in 1999.
General Mallory is a Command Pilot with 24 years of service and over 2500 flying hours in the F-22A, F-15A/B/C/D, and AT-38B aircraft. He has flown missions in support of Operations NOBLE EAGLE, NORTHERN WATCH, and SOUTHERN WATCH. He is a Distinguished Graduate of the United States Air Force Weapons Instructor Course. Prior to his current position, the General was the Vice Commander of the 154th Wing, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii.
1998 Bachelor of Science, Operations Research, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
1999 Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
1999 F-15C Initial Qualification Course, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 F-15C Weapons Instructor Course, USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2011 F-22 Transition Training Course, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2012 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2017 ANG Squadron Commander’s Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2017 Air War College, by correspondence
2020 Joint and Combined Warfighting School-Hybrid (JCWS-H)
2021 Indo-Pacific Orientation Course, Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies, Honolulu, Hawaii
2022 Awarded a Certificate of Completion for the Leadership in Homeland Security Program, John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, Executive Education, Cambridge, Mass.
1. November 1998 - November 1999, student, undergraduate pilot training, 47th Flying Training Wing, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. November 1999 - December 2000, student, F-15C Initial Qualification, 1st Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
3. December 2000 - January 2003, Assistant Squadron Weapons Officer, Squadron Electronic Combat Officer, Assistant
Chief of Squadron Scheduling, 27th Fighter Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
4. January 2003 - September 2003, Assistant Chief of Wing Weapons, 1st Operations Support Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
5. September 2003 - May 2004, Chief of Squadron Scheduling, 60th Fighter Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
6. May 2004 - Mar 2005, Flight Commander, 60th Fighter Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
7. March 2005 - Jan 2006, Alert Pilot, 199th Fighter Squadron, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam (JBPH-H), Hawaii
8. January 2006 - June 2006, Student, USAF Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
9. June 2006 - June 2008, Squadron Weapons Officer, 199th Fighter Squadron, JBPH-H, Hawaii
10. June 2008 - June 2009, Chief, Squadron Standardization/Evaluations, 199th Fighter Squadron, JBPH-H, Hawaii
11. June 2009 - September 2010, Alert Assistant Director of Operations/Flight CC, 199th Fighter Squadron, JBPH-H, Hawaii
12. September 2010 - January 2011, Student, F-22 Transition Training Course, 43d Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
13. January 2011 - June 2014, Chief, Advanced programs Office, 154th Wing, JBPH-H, Hawaii
14. June 2012 - Mar 2013, Action Officer, PACAF A3/5/8/9, JBPH-H, Hawaii
15. June 2014 - June 2015, Assistant Director of Operations, 199th Fighter Squadron, JBPH-H, Hawaii
16. June 2015 - January 2017, Director of Operations, 199th Fighter Squadron, JBPH-H, Hawaii
17. January 2017 - March 2018, Commander, 169th Air Defense Squadron, Wheeler AAF, Hawaii
18. March 2018 - March 2019, Commander, 201st Combat Operations Squadron, JBPH-H, Hawaii
19. March 2019 - March 2021, Commander, 298th Air Defense Group, Wheeler AAF, Hawaii
20. March 2021 - November 2021, Commander, 154th Operations Group, JBPH-H, Hawaii
21. November 2021 - September 2022, Vice Commander, 154th Wing, JBPH-H, Hawaii
22. September 2022 - Present, Commander, 154th Wing, JBPH-H, Hawaii
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 2500 including more than 50 combat hours
Aircraft Flown: F-22A, F-15A/B/C/D, T-38A, AT-38B, T-37
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
AF Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device and two oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with hourglass
Top Third Graduate, Squadron Officer School
Distinguished Graduate, USAF Weapons Instructor Course
HQ PACAF Guard Officer of the Year 2012
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 27, 1998
First Lieutenant May 27, 2000
Captain May 27, 2002
Major Dec. 5, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 5, 2014
Colonel Mar 20, 2019
Brigadier General Oct. 23, 2022